Winter is coming…
You may be still in your lightweight jacket but the colder temperatures are fast approaching. You don’t need added stress to the winter holiday time so there is preventative measure we can take to ensure and maintain a healthy, efficient water system and avoid excess water loss and excessive bills.
• Turn off outside water valves to prevent frozen pipes – To protect against frozen pipes, turn off all outside water valves and then look for pipes in un-insulated areas of the home, such as those running along the home’s outer walls.
• Disconnect hoses
• Know the location of your home’s main water valve
• Conserve your home’s energy
• Prepare outside drainage – Clear your gutters and downspouts before the winter.
• Consider installing insulation – Preventing frozen pipes can be as simple as a little planning and installing foam insulation